Founded by Robert Thorne in 1794, specializing in display types. The foundry was bought by William Thorowgood in 1820, by Robert Besley in 1849, became Reed & Fox in 1866 and closed in 1906, after which designs passed to Stephenson Blake. [MyFonts]
Contributed by Fonts In Use Staff
Contributed by Matthijs Sluiter
Contributed by Chris Purcell
Photo(s) by Bart Solenthaler on Flickr.
Contributed by Stephen Coles
Photo(s) by Hylbrand-Jan Hibma on Flickr.
Contributed by Florian Hardwig
Contributed by Bianca Berning
Contributed by Johannes Vandenheuvel
Contributed by Love Lagerkvist
Contributed by Nick Sherman
Contributed by Axl Gamez González
Contributed by Nathanael Coyne
Contributed by Sam Berlow
Contributed by Garrison Martin
Photo(s) by Mikey on Flickr.
Photo(s) by ed on Flickr.
Contributed by Jennifer Kennard